What are the Hospital hours?
- Our hospital is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm, and Wednesday from 11:00am to 7:00pm. We do not currently offer weekend hours. We are closed for lunch from 12:30pm to 1:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, and 2:30pm to 3:30pm on Wednesday.
Do I need to have an appointment?
- Yes, patients are seen by appointment. Please call us at 617.924.1616 to schedule. If your pet's situation is urgent, we will always do our best to see your pet immediately.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Cash, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and Care Credit
Can I make payments?
- Payment is required at the time of service. Please visit the Care Credit website, to learn more about their no interest, instant credit options.
At what age can I have my pet spayed or neutered?
- Spaying or neutering can be done at approximately 6 months of age. Your pet is given an exam prior to surgery to help determine whether your pet is healthy enough to undergo the surgical procedure. Current vaccinations are required at the time of surgery. A pre-anesthetic blood screen is recommended prior to undergoing anesthesia and surgery
What is the pre-anesthetic blood screening?
- It is a blood test that tests major organ function, blood counts and clotting of your pet. The pre-anesthetic blood screening is done to assure safety during surgery and the ability to heal following surgery
How long do the sutures stay in after my pet's surgery?
- Procedures involving sutures require them to be removed in 14 days following the surgery.
Is it a good idea to let my pet have at least one litter?
- No, there is no advantage to letting your pet have one litter. However, there are plenty of advantages to having your pet spayed or neutered. These advantages include decreasing the chances of breast tumors later in life, decreasing the chance of cystic ovaries and uterine infections later in life, decreasing the desire to roam the neighborhood, decreasing the incidence of prostate cancer later in life, helping prevent spraying and marking, and also decreases the surplus of unwanted puppies and kittens.
Do you board pets?
- We are unable to provide boarding services at our facility.